Skip to main content

Roc vs Mook Something ain't right/Watch the Throne 4 is coming

URL/Queen of the Ring Presents...Watch the Throne 4 on November 14th!

Before we get to that though, let's talk about Tay Roc vs. Mook...

I'm going to keep it real...at first watch, I thought the first round started off kind of slow for both, but I gave the first round to Mook. Second was close, but I gave it to Roc and the third was all Mook (clear).  The 3rd was so fire 🔥🔥🔥!!!  

So overall I had Mook winning 2-1.  

What's crazy is that the URL start doing this live poll voting on Caffeine, where the fans can vote in real time, each round.  I saw when the votes started coming in during the first round and Mook's votes started pouring in quick!!!  What was crazy is that when Mook's votes started going up, all of a sudden the name changed to Tay Roc and then Mook's votes was pushed out the way and then Roc's votes started going up 🤔.  To me it looked kind of weird, almost like a glitch, because Tay Roc's name didn't even show up until Mook was already winning.  Then all of a sudden, Tay Roc won the first round.

Now don't get it twisted...Roc has his fan's too and people vouching for his win...but I feel like that there were a lot more people talking about Mook won that battle 2-1, possibly 3-0.  The way that it happened caused a lot of controversy and quite a few people in the Battle Rap Community wasn't feeling how the polls went down.  

What makes it even more interesting is the fact that this match was a big deal for the culture.  It was basically the Smack DVD Era vs. the new URL Generation.  It was going to come down to who was going to rep their era the best!?

Before the battle, it seemed like a few rappers and some of the newer generation were all against Mook...after that battle, a lot of people's minds changed...so how did Roc end up winning in the polls, but losing amongst the fans and community?  

I also agree with Piperboy Williams,  the more I watch the battle again, the more I have Mook winning and the more I see Mook just doing what he does best!  His energy and how he gets in the zone is purely amazing.  Tay Roc is dope too, but PBW broke it down cold...basically the way he put it was that Tay Roc was rapping great, but when you put him against someone like Mook, it just don't look the same 👀 hahahaha!!!! 

On the same note, Piperboy had Mook losing before the battle, but afterwards he had him winning!  He originally betted against Mook, but PBW is a stand up dude.  He said that he ended up paying his bets after the battle, (despite what the polls said), because he felt like Roc loss.  You have to respect that!!!

Here are a few videos from Piperboy Williams talking about the whole situation:



Why did the names/vote change up in the first round at the most critical time?  It was something that made me say hmmm and always stayed in the back of my mind.  I also screen recorded the battle and replayed it a few times and it just didn't look right no matter how you play it.  I have watched quite a few battles and lives on the Caffeine App, and I have never seen reactions or votes move the way it did, but maybe that's just me.  Some were also saying that people and/or "the brotherhood" was trying to paint a narrative and justify how Roc won, and regardless of what the fans were saying...they were sticking to their story.  Now I do agree with the theory, if we counted all the other votes for the other battles, then this one should count too?  Technically yes.  But only if the system being used is legit.  I mean it only makes sense right?     

Well here it is a week later, the culture is still talking and I knew something wasn't right...👀

I heard Smack mention the voting issue today on URL TV's Primetime and how he had to put that play under review 🔍.  I guess they had to pull up the footage and see what happened.  Smack said something about it was one of his employees that fuk'd up something 👀.  So to make things right, they will reset the votes to 0.  I am not sure when people will get to vote again, but I will definitely be staying tapped in!!!

Here is a video speaking about the votes being rigged 👀:


If you missed Tay Roc vs. Murda Mook, here is a quick recap:




Here is a dope detailed review from Jay Blac/Champion:



To sum it all up...I think that this battle was great for the culture!  I just hope that there are no more shenanigans with the votes.  I don't know, but it just has things looking funny and not in a good way.  Moving to Caffeine was a good move as it allows us fans to watch the battles for free and interact on a new platform.  But it is also no secret that Caffeine paid some millions to URL to have them host their battles on their app.  So let's keep things on the up and up so it doesn't look like some Hollywood, scripted, reality tv bullshit, ya dig?  If not, lets get rid of this new voting system and take it back to where battles are not judged.  Matter fact I think I like it better when the culture decides 😉!  

On that note...shot out to Mook and Tay Roc!  Also shot out to B-dot who had a great battle against Holmzie!  B-dot is a problem.  Nuff said!!!

Danny Myers choked during his battle with Jerry Wess 👀.  I also missed the first battle against Loso and Emmerson Kennedy, but I'm hearing that Loso won.  Hopefully I will be able to watch it sooner than later. 




Now let's get into "Watch the Throne 4"!!!  


Oooweee...the ladies have been doing their thing lately and this QOTR card is fire!!!  


First off, shot out to Lady Luck making a come back and her debut on URL TV and Caffeine!!!  She will be battling Ms. Hustle 👀.  That match up is dope af!  I know Hustle can get down in the ring.  And we also know that Lady Luck used to do her thing and she had a classic battle with Remy Ma back in the day.  I can't wait to see what she do on November 14th.  

I see that Smack and Beasley have been bringing some legends back into the scene and matching them up against some of the newer generation battlers of URL.  I'm feeling it and excited to see who's next!!!

Official vs. 40 B.A.R.R.S.  What!!!???  40 just came off a win from TSU Surf, and we all know that Official be going off!  This match up has potential to be one of the best battles of the night 🔥.    

Casey Jay had a very clear win against Swamp during Kings vs. Queen.  I'm curious to see how she does against Bonnie Godiva!  Viixen The Assasin also had a win against DNA and ended up with battle of the night.  She is matched up against First Lady Flamez on her upcoming battle on "Watch the Throne".  I can't front, I am not too familiar with First Lady Flamez, so I'm ready to see how she handles Viixen!

Yoshi vs. Tori Doe should be good as well as Ms. Miami vs. Coffee.  Overall the ladies of Battle rap are killing it!!!  I'm happy that Smack and URL is giving Queen of the Ring their flowers and a platform to shine 🌞💡!!!

👀 Tune in to "Watch the Throne 4" LIVE on the Caffeine App 🎥 November 14th at 2 pm pacific/5 pm eastern (search for URL TV) 

**Make sure that you also follow me on IG/Twitter @TazDatMC


Check out the Trailer to "Watch the Throne 4":  


Popular posts from this blog

TazDatMC - The Enforcer

Hey what's good yall ?   I have officially released my track " The Enforcer " on Spotify , Apple Music , iHeart Radio , Amazon and most other Digital Platforms 😎.  This was a dope and fun project that I did featuring emcees Hellz Yea! and Nevada Vegaz ( aka Nytty Byggs ).  Production by the one and only "The Unfadeablez ".   Check it out on your favorite streaming platform! 

New Music Coming Soon...

What's good peeps?  If you aren't following me on Instagram , well you should 😝😜!   I will also be back on twitter as well as Facebook soon.  Just search for me @TazDatMC on either social network to follow me and stay updated on the latest and greatest :). In the meantime ...I am back in the studio and I have new music coming soon!  Stay tuned!!! 😝😜  

Tell Em is dropping Friday

What's good peeps?  My #NewSingle #TellEm is dropping Friday, November 15th!!! Produced by the homey #TheUnfadeablez and will be Available on most Digital Platforms Here is a sample below.  More new music coming soon... If you aren't following me on Instagram , well you should 😝😜!      ~Stay Connected~  @TazDatMC @TeamTazzy206 @the_unfadeablez_ode @hiphopprodigies